Friday, January 18, 2013

Existential Hunger (or, Happy Friday!)

What I really want to do is write a rant-filled post about the number of people who have something to say about my face, my butt (or lack thereof), and my overall "skinny" body.  But, no, I am not ready to write that post, I'm not ready to go on ad-nauseam about how this is my body, these are my goals, and how this was never about pleasing others to begin with.  I'm not ready, or maybe I'm just too tired, either way it's not happening tonight.  Instead I'll write this somewhat passive-aggresive opening paragraph and then move on to the content of my day.  Wink.

Today was a bit unusual in the food department.  I had my standard morning cereal and coffee and jaunted off to work.  I was going to be on the road all day (as opposed to my office) and made a tactical error - or to use WW new 360° lingo, I didn't follow my routine - when I failed to pack snacks for the day.  My head is just a bit foggy these days.  Case in point, I backed into a partially closed garage door when exiting the garage this morning.  I hit the garage door remote and just a moment later started to back out of the garage and BAM!  My garage now has a lovely hole in it thanks to my lack of focus.  Anyway, in the car and on the road all day with no snacks.

But it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I spent the morning with a client who was readying to go in for surgery and had no access to food so no poor choices made there.  Then while my client was in surgery I had lunch at a salad bar place and, to tell you the truth, my mind was so preoccupied I couldn't think about eating that much.  I really enjoy being in the city.  You overhear more interesting conversations, or at least snippets of them, and see stuff you just don't get to see in the suburbs.  Usually I loathe graffiti but today I made an exception.


Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams
A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart and for a moment today, I guess I carried a dream in my heart.  Anyway, enough existential meanderings, let's get back to food.  

On the way home we stopped at In-n-Out burger and I noticed my stomach was expressing a desire for food (aka as hunger, don't ask me why I write like that sometimes) so I opted for a cheeseburger (with ketchup and mustard instead of "spread").  No fries, and water to drink.  Lunch, Part 2, I called it.


In-n-Out cheeseburger, no mayo (11 points)
I was asked on FB how many WW Points were in the burger so I looked it up, 11.  Wow.  If I had skipped the cheese it would have been only 8.  WW is suggesting I eat 32 points per day, to put it in perspective.  So that means 11 points wouldn't be bad for lunch but I know normally a burger alone wouldn't have been enough.  I also considered a milkshake but between seeing one's nearly 600 calories (I love this new law about posting calories!) and my lactose-intolerance testing, I decided to pass.  The milkshake would have been 16 points, btw.  


Nice place to start a run, huh?
Pristine long run weather!
I went to the gym after with the training plan calling for a 3 mile run on the treadmill.  But around 1.5 miles my legs started to complain and I decided to wrap it up at 2 miles.  These last few weeks I've been doing the bike on Thursday and running on Friday but I don't think it's working out.  Next week I'm running on Thursday, on legs fresh off of a rest day.  Which reminds me, I need to go scope out my route for Sunday's 11 mile run.  I want to run along the bay in San Francisco, maybe start at Fort Point, or maybe even the north side of the Golden Gate and start with a run across the bridge.  Weather looks promising enough to include a bridge run.  That and mileage, parking, hills and whatever else will influence the final route.  I was going to do it tonight but I got sidelined watching a movie. 

Dinner was a mix of leftover chicken quesadilla, chips and guacamole and a slice (or two) of flan.  Normally we're pretty good about all sitting down to eat but tonight was entirely uncivilized, I stood at the counter and picked at this and that until it seemed like enough. Well, actually I picked until the food was gone.  But I wasn't overly full. 

Last thing, today is Friday so I did my "official" weigh-in.  138.8 pounds, down a little less than 1/2 pound from last week.  I'm not trying to lose weight, though clearly that's been happening.  I feel like I eat a good amount of food, and I'm happy with how much I exercise so I'll just have to watch and see what happens with my weight.  My husband asked me if there is a weight where I'd agree I'm getting too thin.  130, I will intervene if I hit 130.  I don't see that happening, I think my weight will settle soon. Eh, who cares, it's Friday.  Happy Friday everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. Tried to post yesterday saying I loved the Marin tri shirt and your salad lunch, and how good you look in the shirt, but it wouldn't post. So, today, I'll just add I'm impressed by your choices for your lunch on the fly. Hope your weekend is good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    You are doing awesome. I tried posting on yesterday's blog as well but it didn't go through. You are amazing and super motivated. I used to Not let ANYTHING interfere with my workout routine but lately that is Not the case. Example: I had a very stressful day at work (I'm a dean at a high needs school) and after my work day I ordered a pizza and drank (way too much) wine. It helped in helping me better for the time being but then was followed by guilt, of course. And Also, if I slip one day I feel like there's no point in "being good" the rest of the week. I gotta get rid of that mentality. Anyway, you are still so positive despite the things going on in your life, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    You are doing awesome. I tried posting on yesterday's blog as well but it didn't go through. You are amazing and super motivated. I used to Not let ANYTHING interfere with my workout routine but lately that is Not the case. Example: I had a very stressful day at work (I'm a dean at a high needs school) and after my work day I ordered a pizza and drank (way too much) wine. It helped in helping me better for the time being but then was followed by guilt, of course. And Also, if I slip one day I feel like there's no point in "being good" the rest of the week. I gotta get rid of that mentality. Anyway, you are still so positive despite the things going on in your life, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you show that you live a normal life. I get so distressed by the people that are writing on their blogs that they are not eating (or eating a banana for breakfast, an apple for lunch and then a single piece of chicken for dinner). You are PROOF that you can eat 'normal'. :-) Thank you for your transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh your garage door! What a way to start the day. :-(
    I'm curious about two things: what do you do for a living? And what are you training for right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a social worker. And now I'm training tor a 12k on march 17th.

      Delete
  6. You look healthy and happy and that is what is important. Not what others see.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle