Saturday, January 19, 2013

Running From It All

Ahhh, a rest day.  Though you know with two toddlers nobody's getting a whole lot of "rest".  I took the kids to playgroup this morning, that doubled as a birthday party for Ms Evangeline, who is turning 4.  I can't believe our kids are turning 4, we've been meeting since they were only weeks old and in some ways the time has flown by.

So with a birthday party comes snacks and cake, all of which I had.  Plus a mimosa.  That's how our playgroup rolls.

Party food!
I figured since I am running 11 miles tomorrow I could eat more than usual, which I did.  That also turned out to be lunch.

Bistro Shrimp Pasta (scarier than it looks!)
My mom came over in the evening so Miguel and I took the opportunity to get out of the house together.  We had some shopping to do and ended up at The Cheesecake Factory (TCF) for dinner.  Ever since first looking up the nutritional information on their website some years back that restaurant literally scares me.  They are able to get an unbelievable amount of fat and calories into food that you might not otherwise suspect is a days worth of calories.  And I noticed they "won" the Center for Science in the Public Interest's "Xtreme Eating Award" for the massive calorie count of their Bistro Shrimp Pasta (3,120 calories and 89 grams saturated fat) and their Crispy Chicken Costaletta (2,610 calories and 89 grams of saturated fat).  Both of these meals alone are more than a day's worth of calories.  Anyway, TCF always scares me.

I asked for their nutritional information when we asked for a table and they gave me a nice spiral bound notebook filled with most of the needed numbers.  But tucked into the menu was a "SkinnyLicious" menu with menu items all under 590 calories.  I guess this new menu came out in 2011 and I haven't been there since then.  So I had an ahi tartar appetizer and a pasta dish for my entree.  I didn't need the appetizer but again, I chocked it up to the run.  Oh, and I had a "skinny" margarita too but my stomach started hurting part way through dinner so I only had a few sips of it.  I probably got out of there for less than 1,000 calories, which isn't bad considering.

We had some other errands to run after dinner and I ended up bringing home a Three Muskateers bar for desert.  I had that and then starting taking bites from the birthday cake we brought home from the party (for the kids to eat after dinner, which of course they forgot all about).  A few bites later and I dumped all the cake down the garbage disposal.  I was pretty sure I was just seeking distraction, which is no reason to eat. 

All this eating and I feel like crap.  The good thing is, I have 11 miles in the morning to run as fast as I can away from it all.  

5 comments:

  1. I used to eat at Cheesecake Factory all of the time, so I was thrilled when they came out with the SkinnyLicious menu. I order off that menu anytime I fo now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice? Not sure I'll be eating there more than before but at least the place won't scare me anymore. Smart move on their part I think.

      Delete
  2. Luckily for me, we don't have TCF over here but on a trip over I'll try something on the SkinnyLicious menu just to say that I ate at TCF lol

    Best of luck on your run tomorrow. 11 miles is crazy! At least to me it is :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have seemed downright insane to me before too. You just build up and then it doesn't seem so crazy. And you're not missing anything with TCF, it's mostly totally average food.

      Delete
  3. My friends and I went to the Cheesecake factory and I got a lunch version of a salad...it was really good. I looked up all the calories/points before I went so I was prepared. I agree that it is mostly average food. Luckily I'm not a cheesecake lover so I wasn't tempted by all the sweet treats.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle