Saturday, January 12, 2013

One Amazing Day!

That's what Weight Watchers called their celebration today.  Our leader said it was also in recognition of the WW celebrating 50 years in business.  I spent my morning playing with the kids, including Gracie (while Catherine hit the streets for her 10 mile run).  They kept me entertained.  I had my Kashi GoLean and coffee for breakfast.

39g of Kashi GoLean w/ cinnamon and ~5oz 1% milk, coffee w/ 4Tbsp TJs FF vanilla creamer
I weigh my cereal (and coffee creamer).  Some may think that's tedious but it couldn't be easier.  I put my bowl on, zero out the scale and pour my cereal.  WAY easier than getting out a measuring cup and obviously more accurate than eyeballing it.  When it comes to Kashi GoLean cinnamon makes all the difference.  Without it, you feel like you're eating cardboard.  Thanks go to my friend Kelly who gave me the tip way back in 2008.  I usually like to eat a different cereal on the weekends, something fancy like granola, but I didn't have any (though I bought some today at Costco so tomorrow I'll have that).

After spending the morning playing Little People and wrestling with the kids I was ready for my snack at 10am.

6oz Fage 0% plain Greek yogurt, sliced apples.
Vitamins and water rounded out my morning snack.

I had a nice exercise chat with my buddy Kristy, she's getting back in the groove of fitness and it was fun to go over her plan.  She's a psychologist, not to mention one of my oldest and dearest friends, so of course we had to also go over some of the mental "changes" I've been dealing with as a result of becoming "hot" (her words, thanks Kristy).  We have to find time to talk again soon, it's been way too long!  

Then I had to hustle out the door to the WW event.  I walked in and a woman said, "I know you from your blog!".  Mira is her name and we chatted for a bit. She's on her own athletic mission, and doing great.  And she has four small children (including triplets even!), and lives in the same town as I do so we have a lot in common.  Mira, we have to get together ASAP and do something, if not a run.  Maybe I can sample your boot camp sometime.


Mira and I - look how cute she is!
Before too long it was time to share our stories.  Here's a picture while we were waiting to start.

Thanks for the picture Mira by way of Carmen!
I was so touched that my leader asked me to speak as one of the successful members.  The event was fun, there were 5 or 6 of us who shared our successes and I was so moved (and motivated) by what I heard.  And the cool thing was they had members who were not at their goal weight yet but who Claudette still sees as a success, I love that.  This is not about the destination, it's the journey.  So much living going on out there, so many people taking charge and finding themselves.  I just so enjoyed it.  And they had a lot of healthy snacks, which was good because I was starving.

When it was over I walked next door to Trader Joe's to get my official lunch.  It was 1:30pm and despite all the snacks at WW I was still starving.  Here's what I picked up.

Lunch!
The Tuna Salad wrap was 300 calories and 15 grams of fat, per serving.  Two servings in the package.  I initially planned to eat only the one serving but when I was still hungry and realized that 600 calories - 30 grams of fat notwithstanding - really isn't that much for a meal (and that I have to choose to run 10 miles tomorrow) I went ahead and ate the whole thing.  Then of course, the heavenly dark chocolate caramel with black sea salt bar.  That stuff is legendary amongst some Marin tri peeps.  I ate 2 pieces and saved the rest to share with Catherine (which we did). 

Back at home and the rest of the day hummed along.  Miguel has friends over to watch the 49ers game and we grilled chicken, carne asada, etc for dinner.  I made myself 3-4 soft tacos with corn tortillas for dinner.  That included guacamole, cheese and a lot of chips.  I figured I should eat a bit more given my run tomorrow.  I picked up a Heath bar while out running errands and I ate that for desert, figuring I can use the energy for tomorrow.

Speaking of my run.  I plan to run on the Sausalito-Mill Valley path, the same path I ran this time last year for my 10 mile run.  The weather forecast couldn't be better, cold but no rain.  I'll take it.  I know how to keep plenty warm.  I know I say this all the time but tonight I am going to bed early.  I am tired now and it's only 7:30pm.  I plan to get up at 7am and hope to hit the road by 8:15am.  Miguel has a soccer game in the afternoon so I'll need to get home.  Though my mom is here so I'll have a little wiggle room.  Alright, that's all I got.  If I'm not too full I might have a dinner roll later to top myself off.  I'll need all I can get for tomorrow.  And I'm going to go pack all my run stuff so I don't have to do that in the morning, every little bit helps.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you and Miguel are pleased with the outcome of last night's game. And I like your scale system. So smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Go 9'ers! The scale is so easy. Sometimes people think it's hard to weigh your food but seriously, it's a breeze.

      Delete
  2. I agree that there are psychological changes as well when one loses weight. It can be a time of adjustment. Good luck with the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIG adjustment, for many of us. You can't change your whole body, and mind, without ripples. Thanks for the encouragement for my run, every bit helps!

      Delete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle